среда, 18 июля 2012 г.

Bubliki

These bubliki are so soft, like they are filled with air. I was looking for the recipe for a long time. And when I found it and red it, I immediately realized – it is would be well.

500 grams of flour
270 grams of water
1 egg
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp. poppy seeds
1,5 tsp active dry yeast

1. Put 125 g of flower into the bowl, stir 100 g of boiling water and mix very fast. You should get the dense lump of dough. Cool to room temperature.

2. Add another 125 grams of flour, 100 grams of water, tea-spoon dry yeast, knead the dough and leave to rise until the dough will increase in two. I have put on a night in the refrigerator.

3. Add to the dough 250 grams of flour, 70 grams of water, 1 egg yolk, 2 tbsp. sugar, 1 tsp. salt, 3 tbsp. oil. Knead the dough for about ten minutes, until the dough will be nice to stretch and will not stick to hands. Leave to rise.

4. Divide the dough into 10 parts (this is approximately on 80 g each). Shape each part into ball, make in the centre of the ball the hole and spread it as widely as possible in a circular motion of fingers. Lay out on two baking sheet, greased with vegetable oil. Leave to rise for an hour and a half. When bagels will increase in two times, brush with egg white and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.

5. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Put on a bottom of an empty frying pan and pour half a cup of boiling water. Put the pan with the bubliki into the oven. Bake until the formation of the light-brown crust.

2 комментария:

  1. I've read about bubliki but have never had them (also, I wasn't sure if they were different from bagels or not). This looks great. Thanks! Now I can try them for myself.

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Thanks :) I think the difference is small. It was interesting for me to cook this bubliki because it`s an old russian recipe - from 19 centure.

      Удалить